HERB - Porta's Eye Wash Recipe

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Wed Sep 2 08:32:04 PDT 1998

Clare kindly wrote:
> This is an odd thought but when I was a kid I used to made rock candy.
>[....]  Could they have taken rose flavoured sugar syrop and done this?
>That would fit the description of sugar candy of roses.

Ah ha! That's a good thought. That would also explain why the mortar
and pestle descriptionof powder preparation didn't specifically
exclude the sugar candy of roses. Hmmmm. I have tons of rose water
at home. I wonder if a rock candy experiment isn't in order. I
just can't imagine that the sap of a rose bush would be extracted
or that a rose bush would be sacrificed for what little sap I can
imagine it has. But perhaps my bias is american and in this century.

>I think that the white syrop of roses make be a sugar syrop using light or
>pale roses.

R. rugosa then, or some such, right?

Jasmine

Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm (Metro-Detroit area of Michigan)
jasmine at infoengine.com or g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim