HERB - Spring Springing

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Apr 8 12:39:04 PDT 1999

>Regardless, by the time we move in (assuming we can), it will
>be too late to do any of the real plant planning I'd hoped to do. I'll
>work on ammending the soil, planting some fall crops and such, and
>planning a garden for *next* year.
>Jasmine

I think I would wait a year to see what happens all over the yard, you
never know what might pop up once the dog is gone.  One thing I do know
you can grow up there that we can't down here, is Lilac.  I remember
having a lilac bush outside our house in Michigan (West Bloomfield,
suburban Detroit) that was sooo beautiful.  I have seen a few growing
down here, but they are spindly and have to be cared for lovingly.  The
closest we come is Crepe Myrtle, and they are a poor substitue (IMHO).
However, the wysteria blossoms my puppy is eating look a lot like lilac,
so perhaps I can squint my eyes and pretend....
Christianna the pollen-laden