HERB - Spring Springing

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 8 13:03:54 PDT 1999

> One thing I do know you can grow up there that we can't down here, is
>Lilac.  I remember
>having a lilac bush outside our house in Michigan (West Bloomfield,
>suburban Detroit) that was sooo beautiful.

	My aunt had a motel in California that was hedged in lilacs... they
were simply gorgeous.  When I first moved to Ansteorra, I had a friend who
remembers lilacs growing and blooming in Dallas.  Now they don't and it's
too warm.  And you're right about the crepe myrtle though I like them since
they bloom in summer when nothing else does much.  And their branches are
nice in the winter.....  We have Texas Mountain Laurel that bloom in  early
spring but they smell like grape kool aid and are always purple.

 Regards,

Clare