HERB - Alternate, Additional Plans

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Fri Aug 6 09:15:30 PDT 1999

At 09:47 AM 8/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I think it's a wonderful idea. I'm in Atlanta GA but would make the trip.
>(Money and work permitting.) Is there anything I can do to help long
>distance?
>Elewyiss

Do you have class notes, or anything you'd like to teach?  We'll need instructors, and I can guarantee an attentive audience of our local folks, if nobody else shows up.....

Nothing definite, nothing has been decided here, but who would like to discuss this more?  Who could possibly teach, and what would be good dates for you this Spring (or possibly even 2001, or maybe both if it goes well or at all in 2000).   We'd need you to bring your handouts and samples.  We would have access to commercial kitchen facilities, and there would be plenty of space.  This could possibly grow into something pretty good.

I have already asked the local people here if they thought it was worth more thought.  The only comments at all negative were from the Group Knight's Marshall, who wanted to know if the herbal folks would mind if he held a sort of pick-up tourney around the back side of the site, where they wouldn't be bothering anyone.....so bring the armour (and / or the person who uses it, since there will be something for the clank-and-thump side to do).  I guess the same goes for fencers, too, and there are really nice riding stables and trails just around the corner if you'd like to rent a high-school horse (or bring your own, unofficially) and take a ride.

It truly is a nice area for outdoorsy sort of things around here, especially in the Spring and Autumn, when the temperature and humidity are moderate.

Eoin Caimbeul