HERB - Muscle Relaxants

Carl/Anne Adamczyk ladygrania at juno.com
Thu Aug 19 18:28:20 PDT 1999

Greetings,

A lot of muscle spasms come from a build up of lactic acid in the muscle.
 Massage with a soothing oil and local heat, 20 minutes on/10 minutes
off, should help.  I also have severe muscle spasms in my back but mine
are up across my shoulders and neck area.  I have found that a
transcutaneous electronic nerve stimulator, available only from a
physician, is a really good alternative to pharmaceuticals.  The electric
current stimulates the body's production of endorphins where the unit is
attached to the body.  Endorphins are the body's own natural pain
killers.  Aside from having to get one from a Doc, the next hurdle would
be price.  TENS units, as they are called, can be a bit  pricey, but I've
had mine for close to 22 years without mechanical breakdown (touch wood).
 Over time the cost per use is quite low.

Good luck

Grania