HERB - Pennsic Post-Mortem

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Aug 24 10:21:38 PDT 1999

>Thanks to all those people who showed up for my classes at Pennsic, wow
>was there a crowd!  Especially the first one, nothing like having a
melee >right outside the tent.
>Raisya

>Well, folks, War was...interesting. Busy, to say the least.
>Raisya and Christianna, it was sweet pleasure finally attaching
>faces to e-mail addresses. I sincerely wish I'd had more time
>to chat with you both.
>
>Jasmine

I was also  very glad to meet both of you, and again, I am so sorry I
talked Raisya into an icey drink instead of heading directly back to my
camp!  (The icey was very good, though!)
My herb classes went better than I had anticipated, too.  I had 20
handouts for my class on the first Wednesday (the first day of classes)
and had over 30 people attend.  So, I figured I would go for over-kill,
and made 50 copies for my second class, which had roughly 65 people in
it!  As I had suspected, many folks were quite glad to have classes
labeled for specific levels of experience.  I had folks tell me mine was
the first herb class they had attended where they had actually learned
something!  (that's always nice to hear :)  I would definately encourage
those members of this list (and those so inclined who are not on the
list) to consider forming tracts of classes for herbal studies that
encompass beginner, intermediate, and more advanced classes (or more
specific to certain areas, like Raisya's Carolingian Garden Class) for
teaching at Royal University events, big wars, etc.  There are lots of
folks out there who are interested in learning more, but your average
overview class really doesn't help much in this area.  Better to do a
beginning level class on one aspect of herbalism, rather than try to give
vague overviews.
	Lots to think about, and the unpacking has not yet begun, as we just got
back at 10:30 last night.
	Glad to see the list was active and interesting while we were gone,
	Christianna