HERB - Period status of the Bible and Cloves

Warren & Meredith Harmon corwynsca at juno.com
Thu Aug 26 14:52:33 PDT 1999

Greetings!

>This is all, of course, making the assuming that you are working with
>the original texts. I'd venture to guess that with the exception of a
>few of the research nazi minded (and I include myself among them) very
>few people take the time to go back to the original texts or period
>text versions. That is what I meant when I said "questionably period."

Aaaah.  I get it!  Actually, I was working with some of the original
texts ( I drooled over the Dead Sea Scroll exhibit in Jerusalem...how to
make guards nervous in two seconds).   Ya know, I've had more AK-47's
pointed at my chest than I care to think about.....

>> Sighhhhh...)  If you try the recipe, change the proportions, or add
>some extra bits.  Cloves, perhaps?
>
>Awfully strong scent to add unless you're going very light. And then
>there's that nasty habit of clove oil being a topical antisthetic.

Yeah, point.  I was thinking of only adding a clove or three, not dumping
a handful in to liven it up (eeew - what a thought!).  I was just in an
herb store, and they had added a drop or two of clove oil to a batch of
grapefruit oil - do you know, that was a *wonderful* scent!  I wasn't one
to go for cloves because of its overpowering nature, but a little does
wonders for some blends!

-Caro