HERB - period status of the Bible

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Aug 26 06:36:15 PDT 1999

Caro wrote:
>Actually, it can be considered period, for two reasons: 1) we don't have
>an official cutoff date for early times, and 2) the Jews were so
>insistent about keeping their traditions pure that they were using the
>same formulas till the day Titus' army destroyed the Temple.  Perhaps
>after, I'd have to read some of their writings.

This is all, of course, making the assuming that you are working with
the original texts. I'd venture to guess that with the exception of a
few of the research nazi minded (and I include myself among them) very
few people take the time to go back to the original texts or period
text versions. That is what I meant when I said "questionably period."

> Sighhhhh...)  If you try the recipe, change the proportions, or add some
>extra bits.  Cloves, perhaps?

Awfully strong scent to add unless you're going very light. And then
there's that nasty habit of clove oil being a topical antisthetic.

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com