HERB - Re: Sore muscles (and some comfrey)

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:43:25 PST 1999

>For sore muscles in general, I use an infused oil and a willing
>husband. :) The oil is infused with ground juniper berries and
>arnica flowers. Grind berries, add all to oil, heat on lowest
>setting for 15-20 minutes (until small bubbles form at edges).
>Remove from heat and cool. Repeat 2 more times. Use as a massage
>oil. I can look up the amounts if you want. I don't have the recipe
>in front of me.
>
>And here's a little secret I learned....just the straight juniper
>infused oil is wonderful for that time of the month when a woman's
>breasts are very tender and sore. This brings *me* near immediate
>relief when I use it. YMMV, but it's worth a try if you've suffered
>til now.

I'll pass along a caution I was given...juniper oil is VERY irritating
to the kidneys, even when used topically. As a diabetic with no known
kidney problems (yet), I was still advised by a local professional
herbalist to steer well clear of juniper oil.

Katerine Rowley
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra
mka
Mary Temple