HERB - Sassafrass

Bjmikita@aol.com Bjmikita at aol.com
Wed Feb 10 06:16:12 PST 1999

Leaves?  We always used parts of the roots.  We would go looking for
sassafrass down on the bayou near my grandparents.  It wasn't hard, when you
brush against sassafrass saplings you smell them easily.  Then we would be
careful to only dig up what we were going to use.  I remember using my
grandfather's tractor to pull the little saplings up.Sassafrass is a hard tree
to pull.  We washed and chopped the roots then added to boiling water. Get
very sharp knives, sassafrass is a hard wood that makes anything you try to do
with it hard work.  You earn that cup of tea.
Jeanne de La Mer