HERB - Herb Class Help Needed

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Tue Feb 16 22:50:33 PST 1999

At 11:46 AM 2/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
>	So, I am beginning to coalesce this idea for a class, that
>includes: Safe, edible plants;  used medicinally in the Middle Ages;
>growing here in the New World as well.  With examples.
>	Mint comes to mind right off.  Cover medieval uses, plant
>structure (recognizeable characteristics), and have a few sample stems to
>pass around.
>	 Chamomile.  Parsley.  Garlic.  Sage.  Rosemary.  (I'm doing this
>list off the top of my head, and will consult other resources, but, any
>other ideas?)

Chamomile - tea for digestive and relaxant

Calendula - my personal favorite.  Eat petals in salads or use as a
coloring.  Wonderful healing tea.  Terrific on all sorts of skin ailments.
Safe for all ages.

Anise - flavoring and a good digestive

Thymes - flavoring and tons of medicinal uses

Good luck!  Teaching to the Boy Scouts is always good for a story....

Baroness Leonora

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your order

  Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control.