HERB - Herbal Cold & Flu Care

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Thu Jan 21 10:06:23 PST 1999

Baroness Leonora,

Well, I know very little about traditional medicinals, just trial and error,
but hot peppermint and spearmint teas with honey soothe a sore throat and
stuffy nose (and tempt listless children into drinking something), and chicken
soup works wonders for recovery generally.  Unfortunately, I haven't come
across the cookbooks yet, so I can't tell you which herbs I use in it.  Not
strictly herbal, I find orange juice and pineapple juice also soothe a sore
throat, though chewable vitamin C tablets are even better.

A NA herb that I've tried with good results for a cold is echinacea.

No one in my family's caught the flu in a long time, so I know more about
colds than flu.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Raisya