HERB - Re: Barn Owls

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Sun Jan 24 00:45:09 PST 1999

I haven't done it myself, but I've been told that you can bake the owl
pellets to sterilize them.  They are quite interesting.
I do know that some owls are protected.  It is, for example, illeagal to
have a feather from a great horned owl, unless you are American Indian or
have the proper legal authority (which I've been told is hard to get)
As an interesting side note:  I was told that the Indians of southern
California (and maybe others, for all I know)  consider having owl feathers
to be very good medicine, but to actually see one is a warning that
something in your life is wrong and must be changed.
Melandra of the Woods