HERB - Re: Herbal Cold & Flu Care

JULIE CARMEN tea13 at bouldernews.infi.net
Wed Jan 27 20:12:44 PST 1999

sunshinegirl wrote:

> > From: RAISYA at aol.com
> > Melandra,
> >
> > My children, who've never been in daycare or in a classroom, have rarely
> ever
> > been sick with anything.
>
> One of my points.
>
> But it's a safe bet that hygiene's going to be marginal
> > when one person's watching 9 toddlers, it just isn't humanly possible to
> watch
> > that many directions at once.
>
> We are required by law to wash/sanitize our hands and changing area after
> every diaper change.  I also started using one of those waterless
> sanitizers everytime I wiped a snotty nose.  I have noticed a difference in
> how often I start to feel bad since doing that.  I seem to come down with
> things less often, which is good.
>
> > Unfortunately, I know many people who have no choice about childcare, and
> the
> > only thing I know to do is encourage them the best I can.
>
> Since I've been doing the single mom bit for years, I know whereof you
> speak.  Fortunately, I was able to be home with my children for their
> earliest years.
>
> Now, to bring this a little closer to our list, does anyone have recipies
> for good tonics that can be taken on a regular basis to help the immune
> system or to help keep from getting sick when ever I start feeling "run
> down"?
> I know that when I get certain feelings, if I eat lots of oranges I won't
> get as sick as when I don't.  But I am interested in some good tonic
> recipies...
>
> Melandra of the Woods

Greetings to the this fine list.

I drink an immune tea, which is a mixture of:Echinacea,Nettles,
Coltsfoot, Comfrey, Red Clover, Alfalfa, Peppermint, and Stevia.  I
drink it daily and have noticed that I am not sick this year as I was
last year.  This could also be to the possiblity that there are fewer
germs or viruses this year, I don't know.

Julie