HERB - Herbal Remedies vs. Commercial Ones

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Fri Jan 29 09:54:09 PST 1999

Christianna wrote:

>Are you sure they are all using BEFORE they try a commercial brand?

Well, I suppose that depends on what you mean by before. :) Certainly
all of them have used commerical brands in the past, but when they
started feeling somewhat punky now and started their first signs of
cough, I am certain that NONE of them tried a commerical brand
first. They all said "I did just like you told me and started
taking it right away when I noticed I was starting to cough."

Except for my mother-in-law, that is. She's about as stubborn as
a mule when it comes to taking any kind of medication. She just
won't take it. Nothing. She has smoker's cough very bad. She's
trying to stop her smoking, but finds that the "shit just keeps
trying to pop out of [her] lungs" (her words, not mine) and she
"needs something to keep that under control" as she gradually weans
herself off them completely and her lungs try to right the condition.
I gave her the cough syrup for that and she says its better than
anything she thought could happen. And, could I please make some
more...:)

>Shall we talk about the differences in tonic actions and nourishing
>actions vs. pharmaceutical actions?  That might be
>an interesting topic:)

I think that would be an interesting topic indeed. Especially
with regard to the views that certain authorities had on it.
For example, when exactly did the treatment start?

jasmine, jasmine at infoengine.com