HERB - Re: Comfrey toxicity

Carl/Anne Adamczyk ladygrania at juno.com
Fri Jan 29 17:43:12 PST 1999

<snip>
 Could >anyone suggest an alternative that is safer?  The recipe calls
for
>raspberry
>leaf, lavender, chamomile, lemon balm, calendula, and a few others.  I
>also have
>a recipe that calls for lavender, epsom salts, and comfrey leaf.  Is
>there an
>herb that is effective against achy muscles that I could use instead?
>After all,
>my goal is to have a nice, soothing bath, not to expose myself to
>toxins.
>
>Thanks for your input!

I'm just extrapolating here but rue may be helpful.  Rue is an
anti-spasmodic and when taken internally is used for menstrual cramps and
GI spasms.  Externally, as in bath water, rue may have similar effect via
transdermal action.

Just a thought.

Grania