HERB - Soothers for children

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Wed Jul 21 21:16:32 PDT 1999

At 11:36 PM 7/21/99 EDT, you wrote:

Most of the Mothers who come to our booth get our lavender spritzer to mist
over their wild childs.  We also sell a lot of eye pillows which contain a
lot of lavender.  They put them on the kid's pillow.  Some of the kidsa are
up to teenaged who are being spritzed.  I put about 10 to 15 drops of high
quality lavender in 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil and pour into a 4 ounce
spritzer bottle.  Then I almost fill it with wonderful water.  Shake and
mist.  Very nice.

Teas - chamomile is the number one that I suggest.  It is such a gentle
herb with no contra-indications except for the allergic to the family one.
I am very allergic to the flower - from years of harvesting it.  The whites
of my eye swell badly.  It looks very wierd, the cornea is a disk
surrounded by the swollen white part.   I am always terrified that it will
pop.  Yuck.  Sorry.

But I can drink chamomile without incident.

Skullcap will soothe.  An interesting blend is self-heal and wood betony as
a tea.  An old Hispanic remedy is a weak solution of peppermint and
chamomile.  It relaxes and also improves digestion - which frequently is
the problem with fussy babies.

good luck,

Baroness Leonora

>> Would anyone know of some aromothereaphy that would help calm over active
>>  children?? Or teas that might help sooth the savage in them at the end of
>>  the day??
>>  Thank you
>>  Brightest blessings
>>  Tarna Jamsine

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

  Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control.