HERB - Safety of Valerian?

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Jul 26 07:48:39 PDT 1999

Can anyone give any information about the safety of Valerian? I have heard
that the whole herb tea will produce a digestive reaction after prolonged
use which acts as a 'safety warning' that you are probably using it too
much. But I'm seeing young people taking valerian capsules on a nightly
basis for insomnia, which doesn't seem safe based on the information I
have. Is valerian strong enough to be dangerous?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental), mka Jennifer Heise
jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"in verbis et in herbis, et in lapidibus sunt virtutes"
(In words, and in plants, and in stones, there is power.)