HERB - Uses for Dried Flowers

Warren & Meredith Harmon corwynsca at juno.com
Mon Jul 26 23:56:54 PDT 1999

Greetings!

One way to use dried flowers, pressed flat, would be to put them between
sheets of homemade paper.  Paper's easy to make (well, okay, *not* the
medieval recipe, but the modern one), and then you can have the added
benefit of having a local calligrapher or illuminator add to the gift if
you wish.

If there is a potter nearby, s/he can press dried flowers onto the
outside of a still-wet pot, then fire it.  The herbs will be burned away,
but the impression will remain in the clay.  (Thank Mercy in CA for this
idea.)

Embroidered bags, with the herbs inside, has always been a favorite gift
of mine.  I just made a remembrance pillow, with roses and lavender - and
a small pinch of the lovers' hair in it.  I get all mushy whenever I look
at it.

Hope this helps!

-Caro
"That is the nature of the Quest...Have you never wondered why the
knights set out
to search for a marvel that can appear anywhere?  It is not the
destination, but the
act of traveling, that provides the answer.  Only when you already know
what you
seek will you have a chance of finding it."  -Diana L Paxon