HERB - Melatonin

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Mon Jul 26 17:10:36 PDT 1999

At 03:13 PM 7/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone tried melatonin.  It is reputed to be very safe for sleep.  And Is
>what our bodies produce in darkness that makes us sleep.  It is suposse to
>be the best cure or prevention for jet lag.  And I can't find anyone who has
>anything bad to say about it.

Well, not to jump on a straight line, but...

I get a sleep hangover from it.  I have a terrible time waking up and
functioning.  It does put me to sleep, but almost chronically so!

It seems to inhibit my dreaming as well.   I had a sleepless jag this
winter when the Sandman went elsewhere.  After a week or so, I tried
Melatonin.  I'd do three nights with and 1 night without.  The night
without was filled with very vivid and sometimes disturbing dreams (my dark
interior landscape, don't cha know).

But after about 8 weeks, I managed to bribe the Land of Nod in with warm
milk and then was able to wean off even that.  Now I work myself to bloody
bits out in the garden and at Farmers Markets so the task is to stay awake
on the drive home!

It's always something!

Baroness Leonora
Outlands

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

  Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control.