HERB - Natural sleep aids & animals and herbs

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Tue Jul 27 06:47:21 PDT 1999

At 04:12 AM 7/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>> I get a sleep hangover from it.  I have a terrible time waking up and
>> functioning.  It does put me to sleep, but almost chronically so!
>
>I had much the same problem with it.  It appears to be directly related
>to dosage.  If you are having hangovers and still need help sleeping try
>reducing the dosage.  I can only take about 1/4 of a tablet.

Silly me, I bought it in capsules.  I don't want to mess with the loose
powder, so I switched to kava root when I can't sleep.  It seems to relax
me enough so that I can sleep and doesn't seem to supress my dreams.  I
worry, however, that it is being badly havested and is going extinct in
it's natural habitat.

Another thing that I find usually puts me to sleep is 1000 mg of the
calcium blended with magnesium capsules.  I eat a bit of bread so that my
stomach is not empty.

Or chamomile tea.  Back ful circle ;-)

Leonora

PS.  We use a pet  version of valarian for my Airdale terrier to relax her.
 She gets these frightening security attacks where she gets super-hyper and
one tablet settles her down.  She usually goes to sleep as well.  But I
think that is as much from exhaustion from the tizzy she whipped herself
into as the herb!

In my practice, I generally let pets self-medicate with gentle herbs.  It
is really interesting to watch them pick out the herbs that they need and
to set their own doses.  I have seen some really amazing healings with pets
and herbs.

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

  Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control.