HERB - Grapes and roses

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Mon Mar 29 13:38:08 PST 1999

I don't know about the grapes, but when I was in Caid, -southern
California, a friend who grew roses told me that I could prune it pretty
much anytime of the year.  His suggestion to me was to prune whenever I cut
back a dying flower.  Basically, if I cut a flower for table, I would just
cut the stem a little bit longer than needed, and then trim.  Same thing if
I was cutting dying roses - I just cut them back a little more than needed
to just trim the dead flowers.  Whenever I remembered to do that, it
bloomed much more than if I didn't.  The one thing he said to always do was
to trim just above a leaf stalk.

Melandra of the Woods, who wishes she had a shoot of that rose bush in AR -
it was beautiful, big, and smelt great.