HERB - Aline Swinbrook's request for herbal medicine resources

sandy sandd at cleburne.net
Tue Nov 9 10:19:10 PST 1999

best source I've found for SAFE medicinal info:
"The Herb Book" by John Lust
Veggie Life magazine & Herb Companion magazine are also interesting but you get one or two herbs reviewed in a month - "The Herb Book" has everything in one place.
re:  medieval recipes - look up "Cariadoc's Miscellany" either just putting it in in your web search engine or through the SCA Arts & Sciences page - Duke Cariadoc has lots of fascinating recipes and several links.  ditto "Francesco Sirene, Spicer" (silk.net/sirene, I think) and "Le Poulet Gauche"

Gillian