HERB - Flax seed

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Wed Nov 10 08:04:16 PST 1999

Check with your local health food store.  I get buy flax in 50 pound sacks.
 It is much cheaper than getting it by the pound.  I have been making eye
pillows with flax and herbs for years and carry them on our web page.  They
are great - just don't get them wet.  They get really slimey!

Baroness Leonora

At 09:31 AM 11/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
>At 7:34 PM -0500 11/9/99, John/Jane Sellers wrote:
>>Has anyone tried flax seeds?  I have been told they work very well, being
>>slick, they don't wear at each other like grains of rice and that they hold
>>the heat well.  I have a jar to try, but haven't yet sewn the bags.
>>
>>Sine ni Dheaghaidh
>>(Jane Sellers)
>>Atlantia
>
>I have! Very nice. I like the weight. Big problem though: EXPENSIVE.
>Even at discounted prices in bulk, flax seeds are a high cost alternative
>to rice, beans, or peas (or deer feed!). But you know what? I really
>like the movement and weight of the flax seeds. They feel good on
>my body when I make the "owie bags" (as my pseudo-niece calls
>them).
>
>Jasmine
>Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

  Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control.