HERB - Old Herbals and Corks.

Rauthulfr mwolfe at nwlink.com
Wed Sep 15 19:45:18 PDT 1999

At 06:51 PM 9/15/99 , you wrote:
> Also found a great little book on bees wax. Spent
>lots of time reading and making copies.
Might you share your find on beeswax?  The title is....

>So now I have another question. Two actually. How were glass bottles and
>jars sealed? I suppose what I am really asking is: were corks used?
I know that by the end of period, or slightly post period. beer at least
was sealed in bottles with cork which was tied on with stout cord.
I'll post a reference after I get a chance to dig through and recover my
notes.
As to whether other bottles were sealed with cork, well I suspect someone
wiser than I on this list probably knows that!

YIS

Rauthulfr Meistari inn Orthstori  (OL, MC, P-eX, Et Cetera)  An Tir A&S
Champion
or, non- SCA: Michael Wolfe M. A. I. S. AB-
*Practice Random Acts of Chocolate.....