HERB - platina and table decorations

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Sep 16 08:06:57 PDT 1999

Okay here's a dilemma I've been puzzling over and one that I just
shouldn't even be worrying about yet given the class teaching
prep I should do, but it's bugging me....

I was asked to submit a bid for a kingdom level feast for next
spring. I put together a pretty quick and dirty plan for a feast
based solely on Platina. Now, somewhere in Platina he talks
about how the table should be set (I don't have it in front of me,
but it's the spot where he talks about white tableclothes to keep
people from their "squeamishness"). Here's my question...I think
in that section Platina also talks about flowers that should be
put on a table in the spring. "Flowers with perfume" is what
I remember, though he never says exactly which flowers.

If you had to take any wild guesses, what kind of flowers, ones
with perfume, would be the likely ones to decorate a table at a
feast? (I'm curious to see if I have even a remote chance of making
my budget if I buy any flowers...all assuming the bid is accepted).

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com

PS: I suppose I could have sent this to the cook's list too, but it
seemed more appropriate to send it here, considering the nature
of the question isn't really about the food.