HERB - Herbal Hair Care Product Containers

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Fri Apr 14 07:34:44 PDT 2000

>  I am guessing probably small glazed crocks with lids, perhaps sealed
>with wax.

Someone said that it would probably be wooden plugs, sealled with wax.

> Glass seems like it would have been very rare.

Yes. However, if it is an oil, there is precedent for small glass flasks
being used to hold perfume oils (and medicines). I believe the pictures
I've seen were in : _Glass, 5,000 years_ edited by Hugh Tait (New York :
H.N. Abrams, c1991.) and/or _5000 years of glass-making; the history of
glass_ by Vavra, J. R. (Prague, Artia [1954])

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"You wake up to realize your only friend... has never been
         yourself or anyone who cared in the end..." -- Jewel Kilcher