HERB - OnHealth herbal index

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Apr 19 14:12:41 PDT 2000

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I just stumbled across
this resource, which includes some historical/medieval information and a
lot of carefully documented medical information on about 100 herbs. Most
of them are not European, but enough are that it is worth checking when
looking for safety information.
http://onhealth.com/home/resource/herbs/index.asp

This is no substitute for the Herbal PDF but it has some nice
quick-reference material, as far as I can tell. Those who have some
medical herbalism background might want to check this out  and let us know
if my estimation of its reliability is correct.

(I'm no medical herbalist. But given that I recently saw documentation for
an herbal recipe entered in a competition that claimed that all medieval
herb uses were ineffective AND dangerous, it's interesting to see the
scientific testing information.)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"You wake up to realize your only friend... has never been
         yourself or anyone who cared in the end..." -- Jewel Kilcher