HERB - Natural Induction

Lynette lklc at prodigy.net
Mon Aug 7 04:37:49 PDT 2000

Induced labor and natural do not belong in the same sentence.  I have to
question why you would want induced labor if all is going so well.  You
should not be using herbs without the guidance of a practitioners skilled
and knowledgeable in their use.  ( a midwife for example).  There are herbs
to help once labor starts on it's own.  But true induction is pitosin.  It
is unfortunate that you have not yet researched this for your self.  Unless
there is some SOUND medical reason for inducing YOUR labor I'd tell my
doctor to leave it alone.  Inducing is the reason that women need pain
relief.  That fact that "everybody does it" is not a good reason.  Labor is
not this commonly induce in hospital outside the US.  Unfortunately we do
Not have the best record in safety when it comes to deliveries.  Most
inductions are done for "convenience"  and often it is for the physician's
convenience.