HERB - Re: herbalist V1 #504

Jan Ward hawksbluff at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 12 13:06:33 PDT 2000

Fiametta wrote: "I was told last night that I have
about a month to dig up ALL my rare
herbs,
tomatos, chard, basil, cilantro, beans and marigolds."
Fiametta, where in So. Cal. do you live? I live in
Hemet, if it's not too far, maybe I can help with a
temporary home for your babies.
I've seldom had enough ground space for my stuff, and
I've moved a number of times, so I've had stuff go
from containers to ground and back again. Most of the
time, if you protect the plants from direct sun
immediately after transplanting, and make sure they
don't get dried out, they survive. Failing that, what
about starting some cuttings, or saving seed to
replant when the landscape repair is over?
Edwinna