HERB - stevia

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Jan 13 11:36:51 PST 2000

>I'm still looking for the "Nutritional" information on stevia - does
>it have calories like sucrose, dextrose, honey, fructose, et al, and
>so raise the blood sugar, or, is it a "non-caloric" sweetener like
>aspartame, saccharin, etc. Anyone have any suggestions?

THe bottle I have reads:

"Stevia Liquid Extract is hypoallergenic and contains no sugar, salt, yeast,
wheat, corn, soy, milk, preservatives, or additives."

The nutritional information detailing the supplement facts
lists the ingredients exactly as this:

Ingredients: Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) Extract in a base of
water and 18% alcohol.

Jasmine
iasmin de cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com