HERB - stevia

Warren & Meredith Harmon corwynsca at juno.com
Fri Jan 14 21:53:23 PST 2000

Greetings!

>I'm still looking for the "Nutritional" information on stevia - does it
have
>calories like sucrose, dextrose, honey, fructose, et al, and so raise
>the
>blood sugar, or, is it a "non-caloric" sweetener like aspartame,
>saccharin, etc. Anyone have any suggestions?

Try the Twisted Sisters, at <Herbbasket at aol.com> for info.  They also
have a web site, but I don't know it off the top of my head.  Ask them -
they had a nutrition sheet on it when I picked up my packet.

I have a pack of the herb, dried and chopped fine.  It's perfect for me
to have a small sample in my purse to sprinkle in those horrid ice teas
you get at fast food stops, and makes them quite palatable.  I also don't
have a reaction to it like I do to saccharin and aspertame (both of
which, if I'm not allergic, my body certainly DOESN'T enjoy in my
system).  Hasn't spoiled yet, and I have it stores with my other herbs.
The purse sample is stored in a film container - but, it *does* look a
LOT like another "weed", and one of these days I'll be put in jail!!!

-Caro