HERB - Leech Book of Bald

Nordmarc nordmarc at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 31 11:25:04 PST 2000

I seem to remember reading (somewhere) that the Leechbook was commissioned by
Alfred the Great (849-99 AD). The task was taken up by Bald (apparently a friend
to Alfred) who then commissioned Cild to actually write it. I've seen it called
the Leechbook of Bald and Cild, but it does exist under whichever name.

Isrith.