HERB - ADHD

Chevelle chevel at mint.net
Tue Jun 13 20:43:44 PDT 2000

An accurate diagnoses would include a medical history of family members
looking for those with ADHD and other strangely related illnesses including
narcalepsy of all things, and bi-polar syndrome.

My son's been diagnosed with ADHD for 7 years.  I've had friends give their
children chamomile teas and they swear by them, but I've found that caffeine
does help my 13 year old.  He has a cup of coffee every day before school
and again with his lunch. LOL  It sounds strange I know but keep in mind
that Ritalin, the most often prescribed medication, is after all an
amphetamine, and stimulates a certain area of the brain to make a chemical..
THAT chemical is what 'slows' down the person with ADHD. ( btw.  someone CAN
be ADD..  and have impulsive and inattentive difficulties without the
hyperactivity )

IMHO behavor modification is wonderful.  Email me privately if you like and
I can give more information about what I've learned/studied about ADHD and
perhaps I can give you some other suggestions and/or books for your friend.