HERB - Ointment, Balm, Salve Recipes??

Tony McCollum morganmacleod at excite.com
Mon May 1 08:41:02 PDT 2000

The white lead is also called litharge and is a white powder.  The most
common substitue for it would be titanium dioxide which is used as the base
pigment for paints and cosmetics today.  I am not sure what the mercuric
chloride would be used for since it is crystalline in nature and soluble in
water.  Does the book give a description of what the mercury is for other
than making the face whiter?

Morgan