HERB - Bug bite remedy please? and more...

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue May 2 10:48:37 PDT 2000

Jadwiga asked:

>Being indifferent to most things dermatological, I've
>never noticed this, and I wondered if anyone knew whether it is the scent
>components or the base or both that is suppoed to cause these problems?

Sometimes both, at least in terms of bee sting bites.

 From the natural world: bananas. Never camp with them. The chemical
scent emitted from ripening bananas is virtually identical to the
distress signal emitted from various members of the hymenoptera
family.

Being severely allergic to any member of this family makes
me acutely aware of what I can and can't get away with.

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba