HERB - (was)LONG. The truth about roaches and ants

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 08:01:33 PDT 2000

----Original Message Follows----
From: hornburg amy lynn <aheilvei at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
To: herbalist at ansteorra.org
Subject: HERB - LONG.  The truth about roaches and ants
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 13:10:11 -0500 (CDT)

Salut!
Greetings from Bogdan de la Brasov, husband to Despina de la Brasov (a
lurker on this list)!  I was sitting in the office studying for my prelims

6) Don't buy ant baits.  Most ants are actually repelled by the
"attractant" and they just don't work.  Saw a neat study out of Purdue
about this one.

I actually found ONE brand that didn't repell them... it DREW them in far
greater numbers than I'd had to deal with before!!  I have no way of knowing
whether it killed any... they were clear, and I could see the brown colored
bait.  When my tiny ant problem turned into a HUGE ant problem with them
coming in droves for the bait, I was forced to bomb.  And I *hate* poisoning
my home!