[Herbalist] Rose Problems

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:20:13 PDT 2001

OK, my copy of "A Sip Through Time" is at home, and I'm at work.

But could it be you're looking under the wrong name?  Meads made of honey &
water are called "mead".  Meads made with fruits added are called "Melomel".
  Meads made with herbs are called "Metheglin".  And there is a special name
for meads made with rose-petals ("Rizomel"?) although I can't remember it
right now.

The uses of these specific terms were much less... rigid... in period.
However, it COULD be that looking under the "specific" rose-mead name would
bring you more results.

I need to check "A Sip Through Time" when I get home -- I'm *sure* I
remember seeing rose-petal recipes in there!

--Katherine Blackthorne (who has 7 gal mead & 7 gal melomel in her basement)