[Herbalist] wormwood and mug wort

nikkicmiller@yahoo.com nikkicmiller at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 18:22:53 PDT 2001

  Warm summer Greetings!
  I would like to share with you my latest idea. I am
putting together an infusion to drink like a tea for
nerves.  I am starting with German camimille buds,
rose petals (small,red buds) .  Steeped for 20 min. in
not quite boiling water.   I was thinking......
   You see presently I am reading the Earths Children
series. (Greetings Suzzana and My Ladies  And yes, I
did pay attention last month.) Now I was wondering if
any of you had any thoughts on the herbs Iza taught
Ayla to make into a tea and  keep secret. The tea she
drank every morning living  with Jondalon for years.

    Now, mugwort is diaphoric promoting sweat.  It is
said to be excellent for female probloms relieving
cramps and drink the tea for nervousness, shaking and
inomnia. Same  type of medicine group as lavender,
mint, rue ,garlic. It is said to heat the uterus and
helps to bring on suppressed mensus.
  Then wormwood is a cleansing medicine also.  It is
in the same group as tansy, elder, willow, horehound.
They ae also used on ulcers in a poltice to cleanse
them of pus.  Any way, could wormood  and or mugwort
be possibities?   I think it grows up north on the
steppes.  It could ,you know.
    I look forward to Septembers Guild meeting and
seeing all of you.

Nikki