HERB - flash pasteurization

Gaylin Walli iasmin at home.com
Wed Mar 14 11:30:53 PST 2001

I don't suppose anyone here can explain to me the basic concept
behind "flash pasteurization" could you? I'm trying to figure out
was the difference is between pasteurization of, say, something
like milk and this statement on my juice container that says it
is "flash pasteurized." I'm curious to known what the chemical
effects of the process are on any of the ingredients especially
those herbal in nature. Prior to Mssr Louis Pasteur, what were
our medieval equivalents? Any? I can't think of any direct ones.

Iasmin "I'm playing hookey from work today" de Cordoba