[Herbalist] REQ: bruise juice recipie or similar tintures or remidies.

Tina Bean tbean at one.net.au
Sun May 20 10:31:57 PDT 2001

I use both. Mostly the Comfrey comes out of my garden so that is fresh where
as the St Johns wort is an noxious weed in most part of Australia so I have
to use it dry most of the time. The calendular I can use either way
depending on how good our growing season is.
If you use all of these fresh your cream comes out as a honey colour tending
to red. You get beautiful colours from the calendular and the St John's wort
in the oils, including that classic blood red from the St. Johns wort that
many of the herbals talk about.
If you use them dry you occasionally get the colours and you always get a
stronger oil, therefore a stronger cream.
If using the herbs fresh then I suggest you soak them for longer and you
change them regularly So that you get maximum active ingredient in your
oils.
Caristiona