[Herbalist] well, I did it.....

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at mail.frii.com
Tue May 22 11:25:36 PDT 2001

leave the blister in place - it makes a great infection preventative -

calendula salve or better just soak in a cool tea if you have the petals to
make some,

aloe vera juice from a fresh leaf - just split and gently apply (commercial
is no good - mostly perservatives)

lavender essential oil - if you know it is pure - a lot are contaminated
with fragrance oils which are very bad on burns

good luck
Leonora

At 01:08 PM 5/22/01 -0500, you wrote:
>--
>
>I grabbed a jellyroll pan that was hot.  I *heard* my hand sizzle. I
>dropped the pan and ran to the sink and the cold water.  It blistered
>immediately.  I picked up a new prescription salve about an hour later from
>the doc.  It still hurts horribly and typing is an adventure.
>
>any advice other than keep with the prescription salve?  I'll probably
>begin to use a little vitamin e or lavender additionally in a couple of
>weeks, after the majority of the pain and blistering and such have passed.
>
>Despina de la Klutz
>
>Iasmine, if you could mail me privately with any advice, I would appreciate
>that as well.
>
>--

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com

A nation is not conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground.
Then, it is done, no matter how brave its warriors nor how strong their
weapons."
~ Cheyenne Proverb