[Herbalist] Re: Aphids spray

Corwyn and Carowyn silveroak at juno.com
Tue Oct 9 11:02:51 PDT 2001

Greetings!

>Just a quick question does anybody have the recipe for spraying aphids
>with. I remember something about garlic, sdoap and hot water but very
>little else.
>I"ve yet to transfer my archives from my parents computer.

The spray I use is just liquid soap and tap water (not hot, I don't want
to scald my tea roses).  I know there's one about (I *think*) cayenne
pepper, but the soap has always worked for me, so I haven't "upped the
voltage" so to speak.  I use lots of soap to get the critters - the soap
strips off their wax coating, so they dehydrate.  It worked for me for my
roses this year!

-Caro