[Herbalist] Re: Herbalist digest, OT - Miss Manners, etc

Ann Lee elee at xpert.net
Thu Sep 20 23:04:06 PDT 2001

I am sorry to say that i was once (unknowingly) on the other side.  I was
at an event and a lady came up and sat near me (i later found out she was
brought to the event by someone for whom i was repairing some garb). after
a short conversation, she asked me to critique her garb, and i believe i
said something along the lines of (this was a while ago): nice material and
pattern, looked nice, i believe <something> didn't usually get used in
period much to my recollection, but overall it was a nice outfit.  I
thought i was polite and fairly mild, but I found out later that - - it was
her first event, and she was terribly proud of the garb she had sewn, and
had left the event in tears because of the "harsh criticism" she had