[Herbalist] Rose Beads

dwilson dwilson at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Jul 12 15:20:09 PDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: herbalist-admin at ansteorra.org
[mailto:herbalist-admin at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Una 'nyen Dougal
Sent: July 11, 2002 8:28 PM
To: herbalist at ansteorra.org
Subject: RE: [Herbalist] Rose Beads

Hi, I would like to post in reply to "sheepstealer"
rosary project page: first of all, nice photos!
However, is that mold in the jar in that last
picture?!? I hope not, it'd be a shame to lose all of
that (time, effort AND the rose petals). Looks like you
are well on your way to an insanity project, and the
roses _here_ are fading or gone already... but for
anybody else who might be interested:

	 That is mold.  I found that the rose petal paste kept well in the jar and
did not deteriorate. You mashed it with a stick add a little water. and it
looked as good as new before you used it.
  I have brought it to events as a class (Rosary bead making) thingy. I use
latex gloves to mould the beads around a straw. The smell sticks to your
skin. not really popular class because it smelled so bad.
  I am anaerobicly composting a woad ball and have the same mould on it.
Sheepstealer