[Herbalist] invasive climbing ivy

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Jul 25 06:38:07 PDT 2002

> The Extension _can_ be helpful, but that seriously depends upon who sits
> across the desk from you.

And what questions you are asking, I expect.

>I tried for many months to get help starting an
> organic (non-chemically-based) co-operative and farm here in the south end
> of Sillynoise, and got absolutely nowhere, fast.  At least here, the
> extension and USDA people won't even consider trying to work with the land
> instead of just spraying on some more goop.

Of course, you've talked to the folks at Rodale, right?

One of my co-workers, here in PA, is a PA Master Gardener (one of the cooperative extension
services) and she was just talking about biological pest controls to me the other day (talking
about our hobbies, you see.) So either PA has a different attitude or getting help for ones
garden is a bit different than getting help for a farm.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"It's no use trying to be clever - we are all clever here; just try
to be kind - a little kind." Jackson F. J. Foakes