[Herbalist] books on medieval medicine

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 3 14:34:40 PDT 2002

I just bought one at Devra's booth at Pennsic, let me go get it..."The
Trotula, An English Translation of the Medieval Compendium of Women's
Medicine", Edited and translated by Monica H. Green, University of
Philadelphia Press 2002.  I have not had any time to look at it much, but
from the brief scans I've done, it seems to be 4 or so manuscripts, sort of
like 'Curye on Inglish'.
Good topic, I'd love to spend more time finding stuff off my shelves, but my
class graduates this weekend - been training new food folks since February,
and our Baronial 30 event is this weekend.  Good luck, I'm sure it will be a
very interesting class.  Send me your handout!
Christianna