[Herbalist] Bacteria

Janece Suarez janece at suarez-turner.com
Mon Feb 10 14:21:12 PST 2003

Okay, so along this same thread...I made some mustard recently. (Yes,
like you eat on hot dogs.) One batch I has garlic in it. The mustard
recipe was basically 1 C mustard powder (made from mustard seed), 3 oz
vinegar, 3 oz water, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 TBSP honey, and 1-2 tsp mashed
garlic. Mustard is very hot when first prepared and mellows as it ages.
For spicy mustard age appx. 4 weeks, for mild age appx 8 weeks
*unrefrigerated*, since refrigeration pretty well stops the
mellowing/aging process. So the garlic mustard is not safe?

Somehow I got confused on what's safe or not....

Sioned of Northkeep
Lost..as usual! <G>