[Hou-announce] SPAM filters

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 10 15:06:40 PDT 2006

Greetings,

Recently the Ansteorra email lists were migrated to new servers. At
that time the SPAM filters were disabled, so as to not accidentally
block any legitimate traffic (one less thing to go wrong). As soon as
everything was in place, the individual list admins (such as me)
enabled the SPAM filters for the lists they run, but set at a pretty
loose setting -- again to err on the side of not blocking legitimate
messages.

I just now tightened the SPAM filters a notch for the Stargate at ...
and Hou-announce at ... lists, which have been receiving about 20-30
items of SPAM for every 1 legitimate message. (You haven't seen that,
because I've been manually blocking those messages.)

Hopefully this will cut down on the amount of SPAM which I have to
deal with manually, without blocking any legitimate messages from
you. If you submit a message to either of those lists and it gets
returned or rejected due to suspected SPAM, please let me know.

Yours in service,
Michael Silverhands