[Loch-Ruadh] Estrella War and Arizona imports

Tim Cantley yukon505 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 16 21:18:54 PST 2002

It is interesting to me to hear about Arizona imports.  I was stationed at
Williams AFB east of Chandler from Feb. 1975 to Nov. 1981.  My oldest son
which most of you have yet to meet as he is still in the Navy was born in
the hospital on Williams AFB and my youngest son which all of you know as
Erik the younger was born at Desert Samaritan hospital in Mesa.  I hardly
recognize the place now though since where I used to go dove and quail
hunting north of the base is now a shopping mall and the base itself is
closed and the housing we used to live in is now low-income housing from
what I've been told.  And please don't get me started on snowbirds.  Visions
of the near miss of a cactus while riding my motorcycle and trying to avoid
a license plate from Minnesota on a much too huge and slow car that had
decided to turn right from the left hand lane just brings back way too many
bad thoughts :)

Sean